How to change email address in confluence back to one that was used before but was deleted

Anja Cäsar February 10, 2021

Hi,

I'm org and site admin in our confluence system.

User 1 had an account with Email 1 that was deleted weeks ago.

He has another account now, with email 2.

He wants to change Email 2 on his new account back to the one he used on account 1, but although account 1 was deleted the email it was connected to is not accepted by the system.

Account 1 is nowhere to be found anymore, but still the system seems to think that email 1 is taken. The user tried several times already.

I looked everywhere but I'm totally at a loss here.

Help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

@Anja CäsarThe emails of users are connected to Atlassian Id's.  Even if a user has lost access to your Confluence instance, the Atlassian Id still exists.

In order to solve your problem, your user could log into their first email Atlassian account and  change the email 1 to something else.

Then they can log into Atlassian with their email 2, and set the email to email 1.

Good luck with the procedure.

Anja Cäsar February 11, 2021

I have to admit, we were guided by a support team through all of it, but yes, it worked just fine! I learned a lot! Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events