Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add user information to the personal space blueprint

Deleted user March 7, 2019

Hello

I'm trying to add the user profile of the current user to the personal space blueprint, so that when that space is created, it's pre-populated with their profile information.

I can't seem to find a way to make that work. I can select the user profile macro, but it forces me to select a specific user vs something like a variable.

Any suggestions?

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching to the Community Peter. Currently, the User Profile macro can not perform the requested task. It will take the value (username) and display information based on that. You can check further information here:

User Profile Macro

In Confluence Cloud we could use the Space Details Macro. Which should display to us who created the space, but not much more than that:

Confluence Cloud | Space Details Macro

If you are on Confluence Server though, we can have something along these lines as user macro:

## @noparams

<div class="aui-message aui-message-info">
#set ($creator=$space.getCreator())
Creator Name: $creator.getFullName()<br>
Creator Email: $creator.getEmail()<br>
Space Creation Date: $action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("yyyy-MM-dd", $space.getCreationDate())
</div>

This, #set ($creator=$space.getCreator()) sets the variable $creator with the value of the user object that is attributed to the creator of the current space.

This Creator Name: $creator.getFullName()<br> will get the fullname of the creator.

This Creator Email: $creator.getEmail()<br> will display the creator email on screen.

You can check more information here:

Confluence Server 6.14.0 Classes

Confluence Server | ConfluenceUser

Confluence Server | ConfluenceEntityObject

Confluence Server | User Macro Guide

Confluence Server | Writing User Macros

Due to some differences between Confluence Cloud and Server, user macros are not available in Cloud:

Cloud and Server | Use cases

Functional Differences in Atlassian Cloud

Hey, after you try one of the options above let us know the results. Looking forward to find a solution to this thread!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events