Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the selection of a release track influence the updates for products that dont have a track

Admin Account June 10, 2021

Greetings,

im currently trying out the rather new "Release Track" option for the standard and premium licenses, and have a question pertaining to impact of the choice of said release track for a product.

In my example, im testing the release track function for Confluence (Cloud), having set the track to "Bundled". Meanwhile, my Jira is still set to "Continuous", Jira being on a "Free" license currently. See also attached screenshot:

1.png

My question now is: How are the changes that relate to the general "Atlassian Cloud" rolled out under this context? 

• Will they be bundled together with the changes that will be rolled out to my Confluence Cloud?
  • Or will Atlassian Cloud changes be rolled out continuously, just as they always have?

The importance of this question lies within the fact that we need to write a potential validation concept, and while the release track function helps creating a more practical cadence of re-validations of the Confluence Cloud, we still might need to always check for updates that are being rolled out to the Atlassian Cloud, that could affect the validated status of our Confluence Cloud. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2022

@Admin Account 

I believe that the actual general cloud updates will be applied continuously.  The changes should not impact your applications.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events