How do team members edit documents in Confluence with Office 365 and Windows 10?

Ken Spengler March 13, 2019

I manage a document repository page in Confluence.  Everything posted there are MS Office docs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint mainly).   I would like to maintain one copy of certain documents on this page that other project members can edit too.  The Confluence help page on document sharing has a matrix for OS, MS Office and browser versions, but it does not include Office 365 and Windows 10, which is the environment we are using. 

I am able to edit documents I posted by opening the document details with the ">" arrow then clicking the "View" button.  When the document opens in the Confluence page viewer I get an "Edit Document" link at the top of the screen that opens the document in the native Office 360 application.  I can then edit and save the document and the different versions I have saved over time are shown in the document details.  However other project members don't get the "Edit Document" link when they view the documents.  The document page itself is setup for anyone to edit but that does not appear to have anything to do with editing the documents.  

The help page does mention a way to email editing permission to specific people which I have not tried, but I would prefer for people to just be able to open and edit documents at will. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ken Spengler March 13, 2019

We discovered that the project members were not logging into Confluence in the first place, so they could see but not edit documents.  When logged in editing is easy with both IE and Chrome, but Firefox tells you to install a plug-in that fails.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events