Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I filter for a page property?

Vincent Spallek August 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Properties Report Macro

For instance, if I have a page property "Status", how do I only show documents that are "Ready"?

2 answers

5 votes
Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2016

Hello Vincent,

You can use Table Filter and Charts add-on to filter your Page Properties report as you need. Also, there is an interactive status macro from Handy Macros for Confluence that greatly improves any workflow with statuses and Page Properties Report.

0 votes
Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

Hi Vincent,

you could use the CQL-Field "Including text" and try if this will work.

• Just edit your page properties report and click on "add field".
  • Select the "Including Text" field.
  • Enter "Ready" in the given box.
  • Save and look if it works.

In my case i use the status-macro and here it seems not to work, but if you use normal text it will work.

greetings
Benjamin

Yggy King December 8, 2017

Note that you can use the Including Text filter and then for your text use "Status Ready" (including the quotes) - this will match the |Status|Ready| row in your properties table. This avoids the problem with matching any page containing the word "ready" anywhere in its text.

Like Taina Pere likes this
Peter Erne January 18, 2018

HI Yossarian

I am eagerly looking for a simple solution to filter pages based on the page info macro keys. Your solution sounds perfect, however it seams not to work with our installation. We work with Confluence 6.3.4. Could it be that your suggestion does not work with this version? I tried many different variations, with and without the ". e.g. There are about 25 pages with status "DONE", but only one shows up. 

Any suggestions?

Yggy King January 18, 2018

We are on version 6.3.2, so I would expect the same technique to work. I confirmed that my case works for more than one page. If you are using a report that finds pages based on a label and then filters based on properties, remember to apply the label to all pages.

Like Michał Mach likes this
Peter Erne January 19, 2018

Hi Yossarian, unfortunately that does not help. See an example of one of the pages to report with "Status" as the field to select. As visible in the right bottom corner, the page is labeled "epic" to be used in the filter of the page properties selection. Regards, Peter

Screenshot Confluence Seitenreport.png

Yggy King January 19, 2018

Your "OPEN" status looks like it is not simply plain text, could that be confusing the filter? If not then I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas. Good luck!

Richard Mitchell June 13, 2018

I used the above approach and it worked really well @Yossarian King, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events