Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the scrollbar on a table so that it goes off the screen and use the browser's bar

Richard Broadhurst February 2, 2023

We have some large tables, couple of screens wide and several screens deep.
The current scrollbar at the bottom of the table means scrolling down several pages using the browsers vertical scrollbar, then horizontally using the table's bar then back up with the browsers bar, by which time, I can't identify which row I wanted and have to resort to counting before and after scrolling!
If the table's bar wasn't there and the table its full width, I could use the browsers scrol bars to navigate accurately and much more easily.

I expected to find an option in the table's settings, but can't find one.

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2023

Hi @Richard Broadhurst,

If your company uses our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, please note that besides filtration, its Table Filter macro allows you to set pagination and freeze first N rows/columns.
These features will make your experience with big native Confluence tables more user-friendly.
And you may also create tables via the Table Spreadsheet macro and get neat tables with Excel-like functionality.

Richard Broadhurst February 3, 2023

That looks like it would make it less clunky than the current solution, but still doesn't just let me scroll what I can see on screen without first scrolling it off screen without going the full Excel style and cursoring around the table.

I also wonder how much slower the pages would be as they are already have poor responsiveness.

0 votes
Richard Broadhurst February 2, 2023

Sorry, tags are wrong, but edit doesn't allow them to be changed!

I have noticed that we have pages where the scrollbar for the table follows the bottom of the screen and others where it stays at the bottom of the table, so I will do some more investigation to try to find the difference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events