How do I create a new blueprint?

Stuart Mills October 14, 2019

Hi everyone,

How do I create a new Blueprint for JIRA Confluence Cloud?

I want to create a client 'space' on confluence that has an extensive hierarchy.  Issue is, I have many clients, and the structure of information I'm documenting for each of my customers is mostly the same.  Here's a quick example of what I'm looking to achieve.

I would like this 'skeleton' of templates to be created using the blueprint and templates features so that all my staff need to do is fill out each section.

Each template (e.g. 'Office location', or 'Solution Design') will have it's own page of various headings, tables, images, files, lists, etc. 

Client Space
  > Customer Info
  >    > Who
  >    > What
  >    > Why
  > Location
  >    > Office location
  >    > Customers
  > Solution
  >    > Requirement Specification
  >    > Solution Design
  >    > UAT Implementation
  >    > Go-Live
  > Troubleshooting
  >    > Known Issue Register
  >    > Key Technical Resources
  > Incident Information
  >    > SLAs
  > Current Projects

You get the jist of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks

Stuart

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for raising this question. Blueprints are something that need to be developed separately and then installed on Confluence. It will require some programing knowledge to accomplish.

Have a look below for information on how to do that:

If you have any trouble, you can raise a question at the Atlassian Developer Community.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Shannon 

Stuart Mills October 17, 2019

Thank you Shannon,

Looks like I'm whipping out my Visual Studio in my spare time.

Regards

Stuart

amir meddeb June 18, 2020

Hello, It is possible to develop blueprint page confluence cloud instantiate a single time

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2020

Hello @scriptalert('XSS')/script,

Thank you for your follow-up. Could you clarify exactly what you're trying to do?

A single page in Confluence does not require a Blueprint, but can be created using a page template. A Blueprint is generally for a set of actions that you will be repeating multiple times, requiring more than the creation of a single template. They are more complicated than a single template, which is why they need to be developed programmatically.

If you're only going to use the Blueprint once, you may not need to develop an entire Blueprint surrounding those actions. 

I hope that helps, but I will await your clarification if you still have any doubts.

Take care,

Shannon

amir meddeb June 27, 2020

thank you very much Shannon :D 

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2020

You're welcome @scriptalert('XSS')/script! I hope that helped, but let me know if you have any more questions. :) 

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events