Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add links to pictures?

Maximilian Schoenhuber March 6, 2020

When adding/editing a picture I don't have a link button in the menu. How do I make a picture be a link?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

Hi @Maximilian Schoenhuber

If you're using the new editor, this isn't available at this point - vote / watch for this update on CONFCLOUD-65640 

You have a few options in the meantime:

1. Legacy Editor: Whilst you can't create a new page using the legacy editor, you can copy an older, existing page and move it to the right tree / space. Then you can use image linking within that legacy page.
  2. Apps: Use an app, such as Scroll ImageMap

Ste

Maximilian Schoenhuber March 8, 2020

Thanks Stephen!

Maximilian Schoenhuber March 12, 2020

Hi Stephen, hi everyone,

I tried to use the legacy editor and was able to put links on the images but other users then me and the other space admins cant see all images. They see an info "unknown attachment", see screenshot. Any idea why? Thanks.

unknown attachment - Copy.jpg

I'm not a confluence admin and don't have the permission to install plugins and also would prefer not to install a plugin for adding a link to an image.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2020

Hi @Maximilian Schoenhuber 

A simple check is to go 'Insert files and images' on the top-bar and check the attachments attached to this page.

An option here is that the image is not uploaded to this specific page, but another somewhere else in the space - and that page is restricted. For example, if Image 1 is attached to restricted Page A and you refer to it again on Page B, users without view permission on Page A will not see it properly.

If this doesn't work - I'd suggest you contact https://support.atlassian.com/

Ste

Like Maximilian Schoenhuber likes this
Maximilian Schoenhuber March 13, 2020

Now we have the space homepage that we wanted to have thanks to you @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ! Best thanks! Greetings from Munich

0 votes
Christian Schartl May 7, 2020

hi everyone, 

I have the same problem. In every description I find you can just add the link behind the picture. but unfortunately the menu does not appear

pic1.jpg

This is not working....

pic2.jpg

0 votes
Matt Wilson March 8, 2020
Maximilian Schoenhuber March 8, 2020

I have created a section and inserted an image and want to add a link to the image. But there is no Link-button in the image menu. See screenshot. Thanks, Max

2020-03-08 12_03_48-Window.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events