How can you search for unresolved comments

David Gregory November 19, 2019

When you search for comments, you get all comments including those that have previously been resolved.

How can you exclude resolved comments from the results?image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Janet Dixon November 18, 2022

I've been looking for an answer to this myself today.  Why am I not surprised that in order for me to again do something in the application that SHOULD already be there, I have to purchase yet another addon.  Seriously???!!!  I'm using a FREE addon (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213090/cql-search?hosting=cloud&tab=overview) and attempting to create a report using the Confluence Query Language for this.  I'm not a developer and not great with Confluence Query Language, but if anyone out there knows a CQL statement I could use to produce a report showing Comments Resolved or Unresolved within a space, please let me know.  Thanks!!

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting us about this. It's not possible to filter out unresolved comments at this time. We have two feature requests below:

Please vote on the requests that interest you, and you'll automatically be updated of any progress.

You may be able to use the workaround in How can I decide the page has inline comment or not? It mentions the workaround is for Cloud as well, but the thread is a bit old so it may not work for you.

There's also an add-on from Marketplace that you can use:

Please give that a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Kim Harjamäki May 17, 2022

Foricing to use paid addons!!
This kind of feature should be for free. 
Been waiting feature like tsince 2015. 
Cant be too hard to make if someone has laready made paid feature. 

Like # people like this
Chris December 8, 2022

100%. I can't believe that "back in the days" I bought myself an Atlassian T-shirt because I liked the software so much. Now they behave like Microsoft - big and immobile, impervious to user input, odd editing behavior in Confluence that is in there since the dawn of time, and basic functions missing that never get added to the core product.

Like # people like this
Janet Dixon December 8, 2022

@ChrisTrying to picture that Atlassian t-shirt.  LOL  I actually still have a Microsoft Y2K t-shirt from when I manned the phones at MS New Years' Eve 2000.  That was "back in the day"!   Thanks for the memory and smile this morning!

Like Chris likes this
Chris December 8, 2022

I had a Internet Explorer T-Shirt that came with a CD set the company I worked for bought (some "developer network" stuff). Slightly embarrassed about that.

But I still have and am proud of a Firefox 1.0 T-Shirt. At Frankfurt airport a young guy complimented me with "awesome shirt, Sir". For that, I didn't slap him for the "Sir". I guess I'm not 20 any more...

Janet Dixon December 8, 2022

ROTFL  Okay!  That gave me a big laugh!  Thanks!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events