How can excel file content be imported to confluence so that it displays the content in grid

Sirisha Devalaraju October 11, 2018

I am using Office excel macro to upload my spreadsheet content, In there , I do not get an option to show grid. 

I am on cloud version of Confluence.

Can anyone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2018

Hi Sirisha,

There's no functionality within the Excel macro in Cloud at this moment to display the content in a grid.

It appears there was previously but it has been removed. 

As you also may be aware, we are phasing out the View File macros in an upcoming release. This is because we are replacing it with a new macro.

If you want to provide any feedback for how you want it to work, please comment on this issue:

For the time being, you might be able to find a 3rd party add-on that provides that functionality. You can start by looking here, at our Marketplace add-ons, keyword Excel:

Regards,

Shannon

Sirisha Devalaraju October 12, 2018

Thank you Shannon 

When will the new office macro be available? I do recall that I used the grid functionality in the past and it made it very easy to share excel when people had to view large spreadsheets.

Bill Rudy October 12, 2018

I would also appreciate even a ballpark planned release date; the current Office macros are for us at least rather lacking.  

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2018

Hi there,

Just to clarify, that gridlines are not yet a feature on the new editor, but I wanted to point out the macro in question that you are using will be going away soon.

I've created a feature request below to consider it for future releases, so please feel free to comment there with your use case and vote on it to help show how useful this feature would be to our users.

Let me try to get more information on the release date of the new editor but it's currently something we're slowly rolling out to our users. I'll follow-up with you as soon as I have more info.

Shannon

Sirisha Devalaraju October 15, 2018

Will the feature release be more seamless for existing users or does this need to be a planned upgrade for the user?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2018

Sirisha,

We maintain Cloud instances during our maintenance windows. Please have a read through that article and do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2018

Hi Bill and Sirisha,

I checked with the team, and we don't have a concrete release date yet, but all updates will be communicated on this page:

Thank you for your understanding and let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events