Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restore global permissions for app users in Confluence Cloud?

SaSa August 3, 2022

I am new to Confluence Cloud and I have installed an app.
On the View Global Permissions screen the app user was added as an individual user with the Create Space global permission.
I have revoked this permission - just wanted to try it out (on Confluence Server with which I work so far you can restore permissions).
But now a macro of the installed app no longer works for users who have only the space permission to read.
So I want to restore the global permission for the app user in Confluence Cloud.
But on the Global Permission screen stands:
"No data available - There are no apps installed on your site that use global permissions"
When I enter the name of the app user in the search box, it is not found ("No user group matches your search criteria. If you can't find an app, it may not have been added to the site yet"). But if I look to the installed Add-Ons the app is still there.
In the Atlassian documentation I cannot find any help, only about the normal user groups.
Does anyone have advice for me?

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
shess January 17, 2023

Hi there,

this is still unresolved. The Atlassian documentation does not explain how to restore an app's global permissions. As @SaSa described, it is possible to manually remove app's permissions, but there is no way to restore it. 

The only way I discovered so far is to re-install the app.

As an app developer I would prefer to provide the customer a better solution.

Is there another way to restore app's permissions besides re-installing an app?

Best regards
Sven

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @shess 

Did you try reaching out to Atlassian, as recommended in my previous answer?

Ste

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2023

Hi @SaSa 

Just in case this is still an issue, I would recommend contacting the App's vendor for more assistance.

To do this:

1. Go to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/
  2. Locate the App you installed
  3. Select the Support tab, to see contact options for the vendor

If they are unable to help, try contacting Atlassian Support - https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events