How can I prevent draw.io edit icons appearing on a published confluence page?

Craig Arnatt October 6, 2018

If I embed a Draw.io graphic on a published confluence page if I mouse over the diagram, a grey header box appears around the diagram with; pencil (edit) + / - magnification and expander icons. 

If you arbitrarily click inside the diagram it opens the drawing in its own window which is weird. 

I don't see the logic in allowing these icons or opening of the drawing by itself if you click it.  I don't want my users to be able to edit the diagram unless you are actually editing the page. 

https://imgur.com/a/qai5Uug

2 answers

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2018

We do now have instance configuration for Confluence Cloud, are you saying you want to be able to switch off direct editing site-wide?

0 votes
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2018

Hi @Craig Arnatt,

draw.io diagrams are page attachments, so the permissions are those of ability of that user to view and edit those attachments.

If a user with view-only permission for attachments hovers over the diagram, the pencil icon will be disabled.

Roman.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events