How can I add a value to a bar graph?

n.derosa May 6, 2021

I have a bar graph but I don't know how to add the value of the total of each bar. 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2021

Hello and welcome to the Community!

I believe you're asking about the Confluence chart macro. Hopefully, this assumption is correct. With that said, once you've created your chart macro, you'll need to feed the macro "data" to populate the chart or bars in this case. You can do this by inserting a table within the chart macro, typically with 'Dates' on Column A and 'Values' in Column B.

Example images of this from our documentation:

Further information on this may be found at Insert the chart macro.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

n.derosa May 18, 2021

Hi Stephen, 

I can make a chart. That's very straight forward, but I want to also see those data point values on the chart. 

Please see my attachment. 

Is that possible in the chart macro?

Thank you

Nan

n.derosa May 18, 2021

Atlassian.png

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi @n.derosa ,

You may try to use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Chart from Table macro.

Here you may see hints with exact numbers while hovering your mouse above the graph line:

Tue 4-1.png

The Chart from Table macro also provides a wide range of graph types and supports dynamic Confluence macros (Jira Issues, Page Properties Report, etc.).

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events