How are people using Confluence and Jira?

Luke Smith August 28, 2018

We are in the process of transferring all our active stories from Jira and adding them as pages in Confluence. That will result in the Jira story only holding the workflow information, for example, who the story is assigned to and when it is scheduled. The development tasks are still done in Jira.

Does anyone else do this?

The idea is to get users to review the stories in Confluence. Do end users actually review stories or are they more interested in the EPIC?

Really would appreciate some feedback.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2018

Hi @Luke Smith,

Typically, it is a matter of practice, how you want to realize the features of JIRA and Confluence.

Typically, I would prefer to capture my requirements, design and documents stuff in Confluence and delegate the design implementation to JIRA as tickets and track them in JIRA. In some cases, I make use of the EPIC issuetypes in JIRA. Most of the time, I go with the standard issue types Story, Bug and Task.

If Application Links are configured and enabled, I would be relying on interlinking of the Confluence pages with JIRA tickets and vice-versa to see the JIRA tickets on Confluence pages and Confluence page links  in JIRA tickets

Hope my answer was relevant to your query.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events