Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can use pre-defined variables in templates/blue prints I create on my own?

Guido Geistesblitz March 16, 2022

Hello,

First my two questions:

1. How I can use pre-defined variables in templates/blue prints I create on my own? Pre-defined variables are for me those which do exist already like the two (documentOwner and currentDateLozenge) used in meeting notes blueprint/template. I will later explain the current problem.

Maybe I do something wrong here.

2. Where can I find a list of all available pre-defined variables?

I want to create  own templates with pre-defined variables, but don't have any success.

F.e. Meeting notes as global template uses "documentOwner" and "currentDateLozenge", but as soon as I use them in my own template it doesnt work and doesnt fill in the user who created the page neither the current date.

Also I have tried to use "documentOwner" a second time in the meeting notes template  which fails. If doing so I just see:

<ac:link><ri:user ri:username="6220cdf69c3cce00694bb5e6" /></ac:link>

Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

@Guido Geistesblitz here is documentation on how to create a template with variables.  The variables you can use is limited to what Atlassian made available.  (text, multiline text, and list) https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-template/ 

1 vote
IchBinJob September 26, 2023

I have the same question, but this "accepted" answer just points to the documentation in how to create a template (and thus how to add variables), but this answer DOES NOT EXPLAIN how to use variables like "documentOwner", which are used in their own "blueprint" templates and which should be easily detected by Confluence Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events