Hide Excerpt Included/Included Pages from PDF Export with free subscription

niconeiros February 28, 2020

After searching fruitlessly for CSS options or free macros I have found no solution.

Is there a CSS selector I'm missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Meera_Amanullah May 10, 2023

Hi Shannon.
Im not able to see the General Configuration tab in my confluence, could you please advise

My confluence version is 7.13.7.

Thank you

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Hello @niconeiros,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

I believe you may be referring the following workaround that was mentioned in the Advanced PDF Export Customizations in the documentation for Confluence Server:

Hiding Text from the PDF Output

This section describes a way to hide text from your PDF export. In other words, you can have text on the Confluence page that will not appear in the PDF export.

There are three steps:

1. Follow the instructions to define the NoPrint user macro.

2. Use the NoPrint macro to mark some text on a Confluence page.
  3. Add the following CSS to your PDF stylesheet to make the PDF export recognize the NoPrint macro:

CSS - PDF STYLESHEET
.noprint { display: none ; }

However, as this requires you create a user macro, it is not possible in Confluence Cloud.

See Functional Differences in Confluence Cloud for further details:

User Macros

User macros allow HTML and JavaScript to run in Confluence Cloud, which can affect performance. To see what custom macros can be added to Confluence Cloud, check out the Atlassian Marketplace. Note: To install any of the Confluence Cloud macro apps, you must be the administrator for the Atlassian Cloud site.

Luckily, there are a few add-ons that could help you with this. I would recommend having a look at the PDF add-ons available for Confluence Cloud in the Atlassian Marketplace. I think the Scroll PDF Exporter or NoPrint macro might be a place to start.

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events