Hidden search interface

Anders Malmberg January 14, 2020

Hi all,

using Confluence Cloud and selecting Search~Advanced Search I can select from search criterias:

• Spaces
  • Contributors
  • Type
  • Last modified
  • Labels
  • Other filters (whose only option is Search titles only)

If I add "dosearchsite.action" to my url like "https://mycompany.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action" I get another search page, where there is an option to add a filter. In that filter I can select creator, a filter that is not possible to select at the standard search page.

Anyone knows how to find that add a filter from the menu? Not having to add text to my url.

--Anders

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Anders Malmberg 

I couldn't find it anywhere, but it is a very useful search, but here is a nice hack that will be with you forever.

Create a shortcut on the Switch to... icon (icon with 9 squares).

Switch to icon.png

1. At the bottom click on Manage List. 
  2. In the Application Navigator give it a Name, paste in the URL (https://mycompany.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action), restrict it to a group or not (I gave it (jira-users) and click Add. 
  3. Now press the Switch to icon and it should appear on your list. 

Filter Search.png

-Mike

Anders Malmberg January 16, 2020

Hi @Mike Bowen I like your workaround! But I still think it's strange Atlassian have hidden features like this one. It seems like they are so keen on delivering new features and loose control of what they already have and do some shortcuts that are not planned.

--Anders

Like Mike Bowen likes this
Dara January 21, 2020

Thank you for the work around. I wanted to incorporate it, since it seems pretty useful. But for some reason I don't get the 'More' options there. Do you know how that could be? I am system administrator.

Confluence Switch to.PNG

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Dara 

Were you able to click the Manage List link to add the URL? The word 'Manage Link' is right at the bottom of the Application Navigator Bar (which is the bar on the very left of the Confluence page accessible by pressing the icon with 9 squares). Here are the steps: 

1. Click Switch to icon, which opens the Application Navigator.
  2. At the bottom of the Application Navigator click on Manage List. 
  3. A window opens - Give it a Name (e.g. Filter Search), Paste in the URL (https://mycompany.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action), restrict it to a group or not (I gave it (jira-users) and click Add. 
  4. Now press the Switch to icon and it should appear on your list. 
  5. It might be that it appears right at the bottom, in which case re-visit the Manage List and move (drag with mouse) the Filter Search to the top of the Application Navigator list. 

Application Navigator - Filter Search.png

-Mike

Dara January 22, 2020

Hi @Mike Bowen, as you can see in the screenshot, my issue is that the 'Manage List' option doesn't seem to be visible (or present at all really).. Which seems weird. My company uses a regular version of Confluence Cloud.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

Hi @Dara 

I checked a colleague of mines who is not an administrator in Confluence/Jira Service Desk and they don't have the manage list either. 

So it is a permissions thing. I am a Site Administrator or someone who can determine user access, and update billing details.

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events