Header Image Gallery Location?

Janet Dixon March 18, 2022

I have a question related to the images that appear for you to select from when you insert a Header Image into a page or blog post.

There are several photos that appear in a 'gallery' to choose from or you can upload an image.  For the images that appear in the 'gallery',  I would like to know where those photos live.  Is there a location that can be accessed to remove or add images to this location to provide users with new selections that are more inline with your branding and site theme?

If this is not something you can do, it SHOULD be!

I want to be able to provide my users with things they will use.  If the images were more related to our industry they would use them.  They are NOT going to go out and search for images, make sure they're the right size (because we all know how poor dimensions can distort the image and/or display), make sure they follow our brand standards, and upload those!  I would like to be able to remove certain images out of whatever location those are being displayed from and add a collection of new ones with the proper dimensions, brand adherence, and inline with our Company's industry.

Thanks to anyone who has some knowledge to share on this!

add-header-image-gallery.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2022

Hi @Janet Dixon 

From what I can tell, it is "powered by Unsplash" Beautiful Free Images & Pictures | Unsplash
and being presented up to all Confluence cloud customers via the header image section you are referring to.

Consequently, this is not something you are likely to be able to critique and edit from your instance (unfortunately).

The simplest way (I can think of) to take control of this and enable staff to have the kind of images that make sense for the industry and corporate image, would be to provide a library of such curated images for them to upload. 

Not quite as slick as what you are proposing, but I fear (seeing the header image functionality is pretty new) that it could be a long wait for what you are wanting to be rolled out into Confluence cloud. 

Janet Dixon March 21, 2022

@Curt HolleyThanks for the response!  I dug around some more and did discover the Unsplash thing.  Interestingly, the developer of the Unsplash site has an add-on for Confluence that provides users with the ability to pull from the images on that site and insert them onto pages.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226743/imagine-photos-and-image-library-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It's a free add-on.  I would rather have the ability to control these images for my users and have a custom gallery WE can manage.  I have added an image gallery for my users to select images from to ensure our Brand guidelines are still adhered to.  It's not super slick, but works.

And....I'm sure you're right about waiting a long time to see any changes!

Thanks again!

Janet

Like Curt Holley likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Only other option I can think of....commission someone to make a Confluence plug-in for you that can do what you want, with the content you need. 
But, $$$

Like Janet Dixon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events