Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Get Legacy editor in Confluence Cloud Instance

Problem

I am working on a Confluence Project and need the Old Editor due to the extra flexibility given by "Section" and "Column" macros. Particularly, I am interested in THIS implementation of the Aura Macros where different sections and columns are influenced by a specific background color.

As stated in the following question, (and this one) the apparent solution is to ask one of the community administrators to activate this functionality manually. 

I have also tried alternative solutions like importing pages created with the old editor, but had no positive results in this attempt.

Question(s)

• Do you know how the support could rollback this version of the editor?
  • Does anyone know an alternative solution to getting the old editor?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 29, 2022

Hi @Julian Desanzo ,

The Community cannot help with this. You need to contact Atlassian Support.

Hi Jack, 

Thank you for your answer. I have the free plan of confluence and can not contact the Atlassian Support. 

As you can see in the following screenshot, apparently the community can open a ticket on my behalf. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Webaufnahme_29-4-2022_123946_community.atlassian.com.jpeg

Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 29, 2022

Hi @Julian Desanzo , I'm happy to mark this post for Atlassian review. TBH, I am unsure if the old editor can still be enabled or not.

Like # people like this
Shannon S Atlassian Team Apr 29, 2022

Hi @Julian Desanzo,

I see you already raised a ticket with the customer advocates team. I'll move your ticket over to support and I can help you from there.

Keep an eye out for my email!

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Presenter Mode for Confluence is here 🖥 👩‍💻

👋  Hello Community!  My name is Stephanie Zhang, and I’m a product manager on the Confluence cloud team. Today, I’m excited to announce the rollout of  Presenter Mode : a ...

79,887 views 126 302
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you