Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find All The Links to Particular Domain in Confluence

Julia Bell February 5, 2013

We have recently moved our documentation from a different wiki into confluence. There are a lot of links in the documentation to other pages. Some of these still refer to the old wiki, which we need to repoint to the new Confluence pages.

Is there a way of searching for all the pages within a space that have links that refer to a particular domain name e.g. http://wiki.mycompany.com/....

Thanks,

Julia

5 answers

0 votes
Bob Kennedy May 11, 2015

Any reason why the macroName:x* won't work? Only problem is I can't find the name of the link macro. Tried link, confluence-link.  Any other ideas?

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2013

Hi Julia,

You should be able to map a drive to your WebDAV folder and use remote commands to search the files for references to your old URL. If you can verify these references, using a sed command to search and replace those instances with your new URL would accomplish what you're looking for. This link provides a little more detail.

Thanks,

-dave

Hi Dave

Is this possible with confluence on-demand?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2013

Absolutely! I apologize, I should have linked you to these OnDemand specific instructions

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

How to automate adding text to Confluence pages has some techniques. See the section with modifyPage especially.

Hi Bob

Is it possible to use the CLI with Confluence On-Demand?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Yes, it is a client tool. Confluence Command Line Interface overview mentions OnDemand.

Thanks, Bob. I was really hoping to be able to do this natively rather than having to buy a 3rd party tool though. Surely it can't be that difficult?

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Hi Julia,

Have you just tried searching for "wiki.mycompany.com"? The search should give you back every page where there is an external link pointing to the old domain?

Yes, I have tried this and I'm not getting anything back. And there are definitely links to be found. I should also say that the Link Text is always different to the Address, for these links.

Like Irina Pastuhova likes this
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

make sure you leave off the http:// and just search with domain name (wiki.mycompany.com). If you search for other terms in the same page, do they come up? Could it be that your index is out of sync since the import? It's not easy to find the page to do a rebuild but here's a description..

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26989

It will affect performance while you are doing it, so best do it during a quiet period

Hi Matthew

Thanks for the help so far. I did the reindex but no change in the results.

I also created a test page with a link on it where the link text didn't reflect the address and then did a search for the address and this wasn't found either. I have also experimented with the urlPath search field without any success.

Any other ideas?

Julia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events