Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Export spaces or pages API for confluence cloud

Hi, is there any API call for exporting spaces or pages for confluence cloud?

Thank you,

Jason

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 07, 2019

Hey Jason,

There are a couple existing in-product methods for getting exports:

Unfortunately there's no API-friendly method for either of these currently. I believe the reasoning is that most sites won't often be doing export operations (so manual is ok for most).

We've got an open feature request for adding an API endpoint hereFor more information about how Atlassian prioritizes feature requests made on jira.atlassian.com, check out this Community post.

There's also experimental scripts that can help with a full site backup: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automatic-cloud-backup/src/master/ Based on the backups generated by these scripts, you could then extract individual items with some additional effort.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thank you for the confirmation, Daniel. I'm searching for an automation method to export or import. I'm watching this open feature request and will be glad to see this feature will be released someday. Thank you again for your reply.

Best,

Jason

Hello, this is the documentation for Confluence API: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/

As far as I can see there isn't an API to export pages or spaces. 

Thank you, Zoi. I've also checked these API docs. There is no such API usage for exporting or importing pages. Just wondering if there is a customized method to use the script to export pages or spaces instead of using add-ons.

Sorry I don't think I can help with this. I would be interested in how this is implemented though. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Confluence Bingo Round 3!

That’s right! Grandma’s back at it again, and this time she’s brought all her friends. In honor of Team '21, this Bingo round is dedicated to all things team-related, and the prizes are no exception....

539 views 15 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you