Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforce a path for page template

Mykhailo Glubokyi August 5, 2019

hello,

We have a set of templates and for some reason people do not save them into correct "folders". Is there a way to enforce a path for newly created page? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hello Mykhailo,

Happy to help you with your issue.

Confluence has two types of templates. Space templates, which are only available for a specific space, and global templates, which can be used in any space. See Blueprints and User Created Templates for more information.

For your issue, as I understand it, you are either having one of these issues:

1. Your users are creating templates for the wrong space, or global instead.
  2. Your users are creating pages using these templates and saving them in the wrong space.

Can you clarify which one you mean?

If your users are creating templates from the wrong space, then you will want to correct your users and let them know where exactly they should be saving their templates.

If your users are creating pages from templates in the wrong space, then you will want to make sure the template is not a global template, but a space template. This would ensure the space created from the template goes into the correct space. 

Another option would be to use the Create from Template Macro.  This allows you to embed a button on a page that allows a user to create a page from a specific template and will create a directory of pages for you to easily reference later.

I hope that helps, but do let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Mykhailo Glubokyi August 7, 2019

Dear Shannon,

Thank you so much for your answer. We indeed struggle with users creating pages using templates and saving them in a wrong place. I will try macros, maybe this will help “. 

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

You're welcome, Mykhailo. Just let me know if you have any other issues or questions and I can help. :) 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events