Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed jira report into confluence page

Michael Handschuh December 11, 2019

Each week we hold a dev meeting and for each meeting notes are taken and saved into confluence. Is it possible to embed into these notes a report that contains all work items in a particular project (or projects) that have changed state in the last week?

2 answers

2 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

I guess in the meeting notes you don't want a dynamically updated list of issues. It mean you should the "updated >= -7d" JQL query and somehow capture the returned issues and insert those to Confluence.

One way could be exporting those to PDF or Excel and attaching the resulted files to the Confluence page. You could even use a Confluence macro to show the results without the file being downloaded.

0 votes
Jeff Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

With JQL perhaps?

updated >= -7d

Michael Handschuh December 14, 2019

Wouldn't this provide a constantly updating report? I'm trying to have an automated snapshot, 7 days worth of changed issues from the date the confluence note is created. Maybe there's a way to save the date the confluence date is created and then reference that from the JQL?

Worst case scenario is I provide my project managers the JQL snippet and teach them how to replace the date in the snippet. It's not as automated as everything else in our process but would work.

It would be nice if Confluence exposed some variables to the JQL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events