Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does confluence cloud have app that can move and order pages by label?

Mikko Riissanen July 4, 2019

Hello

Basically im talking about app/addon we could use for easier archiving. Server version has plenty  of apps  to do archiving for you, but ive yet to found any for confluence cloud.

Simple application or macro that would bulk move pages from all spaces with certain "archive" -label to a destined location would do. This doesn't even have to be automatic, althought it would be nice.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hello Mikko and welcome to the Community.

If you’re wanting to move pages around based on a set label within said pages then ideally you’d want to use the REST API to do this. Using the REST API would allow avoiding having to use an app (which may come with a cost) and allow you to complete the need to archive or move pages via a script.

An approach for this would as follows:

1. GET all of the content you need to have moved. Doing this would require the use of the following endpoint: GET /wiki/rest/api/content/search.
  2. Once you have all of the content with IDs, you’ll then perform the action against the page. Doing this would require the use of the following endpoint; PUT /wiki/rest/api/content/{id}.

If you’re unable to create a script then I did find a bulk move solution within the marketplace for Confluence Cloud. You may find this add-on via a preset search at Atlassian Marketplace | Bulk Move.

I hope this information proves helpful and you’re able to accomplish your goal of moving content.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Mikko Riissanen July 9, 2019

Thank you Stephen!

I'll try creating the script first.

I tried the add-on you suggested before creating this post, but pretty much only thing it could not move was labeled content. It could edit labels and move multiple pages, but there was no way to move multiple pages with a certain label. :S

Mikko

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events