Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does The Confluence Cloud App on iOS open powerpoint files?

Felix Scheller April 18, 2019

Good Morning everyone,

I have an issue with the Confluence Cloud App. On my iPhone the app doesn't open ppt or xls files. If, on the other hand, I use an android phone to open the exact same files, the file gets downloaded and then opened in the installed powerpoint app on the phone. I have the ppt and excel apps installed on my phone but still the Confluence app doesn't open the powerpoint files.

My question is, does the iOS Confluence app have the functionality to open ppt files in powerpoint on the phone or is that simply an android only functionality. Or, am I just too daft to find the right way?

btw: tapping on the file doesn't do anything. Tap and hold brings up the menu, but selecting "open" doesn't do anything either. Tapping and pressing with force touch and holding opens the file in safari, but that is panfully slow and i have to log into confluence again, just to see the file.

If I forgot any information necessary, please let me know.

Thank you for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2019

Hi Felix,

There's very little to configure in the app, and I tried your scenario with the same result (though not painfully slow). Best guess, this is not current functionality. It may be a limitation in the iOS environment, but if it's a meaningful feature for you, I would recommend submitting a feature enhancement request.

Darryl

Felix Scheller April 23, 2019

Thanks Darryl,

I opened a ticket to the atlassian support and am trying to figure this thing out with their help.

0 votes
Stephanie Zhang _Product_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

Hey there @Felix Scheller and @Darryl St_ Pierre

I'm a product manager with the Confluence Cloud Mobile team and would love to hear more about your use cases and your feedback overall with our product.

If you're interested in a 30 minute feedback session, could you please email szhang5@atlassian.com with your availability? Thanks and looking forward to hearing back! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events