Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 'Shortcut Links' still work?

高橋_良成 January 27, 2020

Hello, Community :)

I was trying to test to use 'Shortcut Links' but it didn't work.

So, I looking for 'Why' so far but I couldn't find the reason.

I found only these things as below:

20170926_about shortcut links.PNG

Configuring Shortcut Links

It doesn't say about "ended support".

20200123_about shortcut links.PNG

Insert Links and Anchors

It doesn't say about "ended support" too.

(Last modified on Jan 23, 2020)

20201104_about shortcut links.PNG

Links

Finally, It says about "ended support" but also they say "can still be added and used on pages".

Tell me why I can't use Shortcut links, please.

Is this a bug?

Thank you.

Regards,

Takahashi

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi @高橋_良成 ,

It appears that you are using Confluence Cloud. The documentation you are referencing is specific to Confluence Server. Shortcut Links in Cloud has not been a feature for as long as I have been using it.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, there are ways to create links to Jira issues in Confluence (with the Jira macro), and Confluence articles in Jira (Link to a Confluence page 2020-01-28_07-43-59.png).

Darryl

高橋_良成 January 29, 2020

Hello @Darryl St_ Pierre 

I see! Okay, Thank you!

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

@高橋_良成 , the information I provided above is partly incorrect and incomplete. Shortcut Links is available, though you need Administrator access to configure it. On the navigation bar, it is under Settings - Shortcut Links.

Depending on your access level, you may not see this as an option.

Both the options I have listed previously as well as Shortcut links are available. It really depends on how you want to use them.

Darryl

0 votes
高橋_良成 January 30, 2020

@Darryl St_ Pierre , Thank you for your comment :):):) My access level is Administrator but Shortcut Links didn't work. However, It is no problem, I explained this issue to our team and we won't use this function. 

Henry Yei June 26, 2020

Wasted time and effort trying to get this working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events