Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Jira Reports work with data from a different/remote Cloud site?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hello,

I was just testing adding an app link between Jira and Confluence on different sites, and wanted to create a Jira Report with issues from the Jira on another site.

I am prompted to choose a server (and the options correspond to what is listed in my Application Links), but when I choose the remote cloud server, impossible to select a project. The Project field is empty, with the just the filter option (and I have one project on the remote cloud site, but searching for it returns "No matches found").

And that prompt to Login & Approve goes no where (nothing happens if I click on it).  

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 16.04.37.png

Do Jira Reports work with data from a different Cloud site? 

Would it be a problem with the Application Link? I have set it up with OAuth incoming and outgoing for the local authentication. I'm admin on both sites, both set up with the same email/Atlassian account.

My app link is indicated in green as Connected; is there some place else I need to go to login and approve so I'm not an anonymous user?

2 answers

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

Here are the screenshots

Once you add the macro in Confluence, you need to log in

AP1.png

Once you log in and approve, here's the issue from another site

AP2.png

Application link reference

AP 3.png

And the status report here

AP$.png

AP5.png

Let me know what issue you are facing

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2022

Hi, @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

It doesn't affect. It's the same way how the integration is present for your current site.

If you need to understand how architecture works here's the link

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/how-does-atlassians-cloud-architecture-work

Here's the reference

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-applinks-to-link-to-atlassian-products

Thanks,
Pramodh

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M ,
What doesn't affect? If the app link shouldn't have any effect, why isn't the Jira Report working?

On the App link troubleshooting guide for the question "8. Are your users still prompted to log in even though you've set up an application link?"

the documentation says I should use 2 legged-OAuth 'impersonation', except it's deprecated since 2018 -> https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/end-of-support-for-2loi-application-links-950806698.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events