Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom emojis have disappeared

Barbara Storey November 29, 2022

Hello, I use quite a lot of custom emojis and this morning they simply have disappeared from the emoji menu which now shows tons of empty squares (empty = no image and no name - see screenshot below) - as well as from the pages I used them in.
Any suggestion on how I can fix that without having to reload all the emojis and rewrite all the pages where they are present ?

Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 à 11.47.44.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sarah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

Hi Barbara, thank you for your question in Atlassian Community. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in your experience and appreciate your patience.

We are aware of an issue which was impacting customers from 23rd November onwards, where custom emoji uploaded before April 2022 could not be loaded inside the emoji picker across our products.
The dev team located the root cause and deployed a fix on 1 Dec which was rolled out to customers on the same day. We then verified the fix for customers who reported experiencing a similar issue.

Can you please verify whether the issue persists on your site?
If you are experiencing any issues and require further support, the best place to reach out is our support team at 
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Sarah 

Thanks for the information. The bug reappeared for me again last week, but after clearing the cache and cookies and reloading, the custom emojis were there again.

This was a relief since we sometimes use custom emojis in page titles and the pages looked strange with the empty squares.

Best, Cora

0 votes
Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

@Barbara Storey I had the same issue last week. In our case, the emojis have re-appeared this week without us doing anything 🎉 I hope the same is true for you. If not, this is a case for the Atlassian support.

Best, Cora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events