Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Stylesheets for Spaces checkbox is disabled

Thomas Shelford February 23, 2012

While logged in as admin, attempting to select the "Custom Stylesheets for Spaces" checkbox but it is disabled.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2012

Unfortunately, this is a restricted function in Atlassian OnDemand, due to possible security issues. It is a bit confusing that it is just greyed-out instead of removed...something we are looking to clean-up in the future.

Thomas Shelford February 24, 2012

Thanks for the quick answer, Nik. Hopefully the security issues can be addressed by parsing the CSS to make sure that it is actually valid CSS and no harmful executable code is embedded in the file.

David Skreiner January 27, 2015

The UI is badly designed: When you enter this menu as an admin, the checkbox is grayed out with no explanation given. You need to click the little "edit" button on the top right in order to change the grayed-out settings.

Like Lael likes this
Jeff Seltzer November 2, 2015

Is this still restricted functionality for Confluence OnDemand?

Like Brad Goss likes this
Lael July 9, 2020

Well, it's 2020 and the checkbox is still greyed out with no explanation instead of being removed. I respect the fact that it's restricted, but i do not respect the fact that the checkbox just isn't hidden if your org is an OnDemand org to avoid confusion.

David Kraljic December 2, 2020

Yeah, and the doc below is tagged with "Cloud" which made think custom css is allowed. So I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why the checkbox is greyed out. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/styling-confluence-with-css-166528400.html

1 vote
Deleted user June 19, 2012

Hi there,

is it possible to get this included at some point or is the only solution via the Self hosted solution?

Thanks,

Rob

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events