Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create from Template Macro - default title does not work properly

Stefan Roth October 9, 2019

I've got a faced a strange behaviour of the Confluence cloud using the 'Create from Template Macro'.

1. In Firefox, Chrome an Internetexplorer the page title of a new page created by 'Create from Template Macro' keeps empty although a default title is defined within the macro, in case, a template is used without any variable.

2. Do I add any variable to the template used by the 'Create from Template Macro',  in Firefox and Internetexplorer the newly created page will use the default title which is defined within the macro. In Chrome there is no new page created, because of the already reported Variable-Problem (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/adding-variable-to-templates-does-not-work-with-google-chrome-693895430.html)

Please give me a hint, how to enforce Confluence-Cloud in any browser in case of 1. , to use the default titles defined within the 'Create from Template Macro'.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Hello Stefan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

There's a known bug that is affecting Confluence Cloud which is causing this issue:

As a result of this, the title defined in the template is not used, and instead the page title will be blank. There is no workaround for this issue, but I would recommend using the instructional placeholder text in the meantime to inform your users on how to title the page.

Thank you for your understanding in this. If you click This affects my team then you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events