Create Jira issue based on Confluence details

Ferdi Meyer February 8, 2022

I want to create various Confluence pages based on a single template. The information on the page will include Summary, Description, Need-by dates, Assignee identity, priority, etc.

Is there a way/macro to grab the info from the confluence page and ingest it into a Jira ticket? I only found the following info article, but it's quite limited in the use it describes, and I don't have developer knowledge to use the REST API: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-427623543.html#UseJiraapplicationsandConfluencetogether-CreateissuesfrominsideConfluence

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

Via Rest API is the only way i know of currently. I am sincerely hoping that the soon to be released Automation for Confluence will mean such a trick can be done in a much simpler UI based solution.

Only other suggestion would be, now that we have Embed a Confluence page to any product using Smart Links (atlassian.com) it isn't hard to whip up a basic Story in Jira, embed the page and away you go.....until an automated solution is procurable. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events