It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cors Exception When Adding Gliffy Or Draw.io Diagram Into Global Template Edited

i can I'm New Here Jul 05, 2019

I tried to add a global page template using cloud confluence console. (/wiki/pages/templates2/listglobaltemplates.action) I wanted to add gliffy and draw.io macros but i couldn't do it because of the Cors error. 

When i try to save gliffy file, it doesn't work and i get this on the browser console:

Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://go.gliffy.com/go/api/setutmcookie?' from origin 'https://confluence-connect.gliffy.net' has been blocked by CORS policy: The 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header has a value 'null' that is not equal to the supplied origin 

When i try to add draw.io, i get this on the browser console:

Failed to validate origin 

Also, i tried adding space template but it doesn't work either. I couldn't find any security configuration for it. So, how can i add these diagrams into my global templates.

Chrome version 75.0.3770.100)

1 answer

Hi,

Global templates are not published pages and so cannot have an attachment associated with them (required to publish a diagram). Both Gliffy and draw.io use attachments for published content, so it follows that you would not be able to update the diagram in the template.

Hi, 

Thanks for the information. It also didn't work for space template which makes me think that they are not publish page as well. So is there a way, a workaround or something that i can place attachments to any kind of template? Is it possible i can achieve it by writing my own add-on?

There is a workaround by editing the Gliffy Diagram Global blueprint if you want to add a page with the Gliffy Diagram. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

834 views 3 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you