Converting page from old to new editor results in empty/blank page on edit view

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

I've run into a problem when converting a Confluence page from the old editor to the new: once it's converted, if I go to edit mode, the page is empty, with the helper text "Did you know you can add all kinds of cool things to this page, like a table of contents, date, or roadmap? Type / to open a list." But if I publish, voilà, everything is visible on the view mode.

After this happened, I reverted the page back to the previous version in the old editor, but a colleague suggested that re-publishing after the initial conversion fixed the problem for a different page.

So convert again.

And empty page on edit, but everything still visible on view mode.

There are Drawio macros on the page, as well as a number of attachments, but I've successfully converted other pages with macros and attachments....

Any ideas? Could it be the Drawio macros?

Additional info: 

I tried adding some text on the empty page in the edit mode, and when I published that short text was the only thing visible, as in the content I used to be able to see on the view mode had disappeared. So doing any 'real' edits on the blank page after converting, and then publishing, wrote over all the pre-existing content.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ ,

that sure is a strange scenario. I assume that you can reproduce this that will end on different browsers? To be honest I think this is something that Atlassian support should have a look at. I suspect there's something unique about the page that is being converted it is causing this scenario. I do recall back in the day there being a warning about the convertibility of certain pages. However beyond that my memory fades.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

Tested in another browser @Jack Brickey and same result. Developer's console is showing a number of errors, so something is going wrong...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

I think this is a job for Atlassian support.  If you do get up with them and get an answer please post here for future searching.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events