Connecting an external HR Software to confluence data

Rico Fernando December 23, 2020

Hi Guys, 

I have a basic question. We are an HR Software and would like to cooperate with companies using confluence. 

Is the API token enough or would we have to create another type of API? 

Thanks a lot and I wish you all Merry Christmas and take care of yourself. 

cheers 

Rico

2 answers

1 vote
Evangelos Mantadakis December 23, 2020

hi, @Rico Fernando This is Evangelos from QC Analytics, and welcome!  

There are different options available and it depends on what you are trying to achieve. Roughly what you are trying to achieve with the integration? 

Best,

Evangelos

Wow that was fast :-) Thanks for the fast answer!! 

There are various scenarios we wanna create but just as one example: 

We created a Goals-System to make usage of OKR  e.g. easier. So if you create a tasklist with mother and child items we would like to gather those fields and create Challenges (our name for goals) out of it. Then you can use those to easily plan your tasks as goals and see the progress as well as all the company sees what you are working on and the connection of those goals to the company goals for example. 

Does this explain it better for you?

Cheers

Rico

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

@Rico Fernando you will have to build a Confluence app that can be made available to your target customers via the Atlassian marketplace. (If I understood you correctly). You can just search for HR/OKR in the marketplace & see the existing apps in that domain.

Best,
Anand

hi, thanks for the fast answer!!

Really? i have to build an app? Just to explain it.. this will be one of possible scenarios: 

We created a Goals-System to make usage of OKR  e.g. easier. So if you create a tasklist with mother and child items we would like to gather those fields and create Challenges (our name for goals) out of it. Then you can use those to easily plan your tasks as goals and see the progress as well as all the company sees what you are working on and the connection of those goals to the company goals for example. 

Does this explain it better for you?

cheers

Rico

Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

@Rico Fernando I am not sure I understand your scenario, but you mentioned you are an 'HR software' company. So I guess you want teams that are already using Confluence to be able to integrate with your 'HR software' product, right?

If yes, they (teams that are on Confluence) have got two options 

1. Integrate Confluence with your 'HR software' to push/pull the data via your product's REST APIs
  2. You create an app on Confluence that is kind of plug n play, where end users can simply connect Confluence to your 'HR software' and push/pull the desired information

Hope that is clear.

Like Rico Fernando likes this

hi, yes, that was it exactly. and that helps a lot. Thx. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events