Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence site running slow in Hyper-V VDI

Dave Jaggs October 17, 2019

Hello all,

We have a client that run Confluenceusing Chrome in a HypeV VDI.  I am talking about 26seconds(average) load time on VDI vs 4seconds on physical. After a lot of troubleshooting we have ruled out the following:

- ISP (works perfectly well on physical machine in the same infrastructure)
- Specific VDI (happens on all VDI in their infrastructure)
- Any security policies (we have tried a vanilla, off the domain, VDI
- Any user setting (happens on both domain users or local)

Not ruling out software or settings within, is there anyone that has experienced this before or can someone advise on what Confluence needs to run efficiently, example java version or flash, cpu, ram, perhaps  a special setting in the Hyperv host? etc?

Just wanted to run it past the community before we do the drastic and conver them all to ESX :)

Cheers in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

@Dave Jaggs , not an answer but another question... have you or the client tested other sites VDI vs. physical? I am pretty certain Flash is not involved, nor Java (but not 100%).

I have seen similar behavior in our environment (not HyperV but Citrix) at one time. Never explained, but my guess was/is a configuration issue somewhere on our perimeter (firewall, security devices, etc.).

Darryl

Dave Jaggs October 18, 2019

Hey @Darryl St_ Pierre thanks for your reply...sounding more and more like this is turning into an ESX migration project :)

The answer, we have tested on a HV virtual server and got the same result, but not VDI.  To add we did test on ESX vm and it was much better.

We have also ruled out the firewalls and any security devices as we tested a VDI to ypass all of that and got the same result.   The only common thing in the slowness is the HV environment somewhere.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events