I am debugging a Confluence Cloud add-on and I noticed a behaviour that I don't quite understand.
The add-on has several custom macros. Each one of our pages could contain all or some of them in it. When I see the overall output log, it seems that when accessing a single page, our Confluence instance sends several HTTP requests for each one of the macros (from 2 to 6 requests for each macro in worst cases).
Does this make sense? I personally think it does not. Also I noticed the pages spend so much time to load, could this be related to it?
Thanks in advance!
I would assume that you're talking about a Confluence Cloud app that you or your company has developed yourself?
I also noticed that Confluence tends to send more than one request for each macro on each page load. I haven't figured out the reason either, but you may want to consider caching the request as described on this page:
Even if you only set it to cache for 60 seconds, it should help each macro to be called only once.
Yes, you are correct, the add-on is developed by ourselves.
Thank you very much for your suggestion! I didn't figure out that it was possible to cache content in a Connect add-on. I hope it can be a nice workaround for anyone who may read this post.
I shall now mark your answer as accepted.
I apologize for duplicating the question. I was experiencing issues with the Atlassian web page and posted it twice, but it seems I cannot delete one of them.
In the OP I've said the add-on has custom macros. More specifically, they are static content macros. This issue is observed in blank pages as well as in custom-template-based pages.
No matter is the functionality of the macro, the Confluence instance send too much requests to the add-on. I want to know if this behaviour is expected or not.