Companion doesn't launch at all - Mac 10.13.2

Arthur CHAN May 30, 2018

Hi there,  I just registered Confluence for trial and have Companion app downloaded to my Mac Air - Mac 10.13.2. 

The installation was smooth and Application icon shown up.  However, after that, there's nothing launched. 

Checking the Activity Monitor, Companion and Companion helper processes were there.  

Anyone has experienced this or is there any solution / fix for it? 

2 answers

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2023

Hi @Arthur CHAN I'm wondering if this is still an issue.  I think things have changed with newer operating systems.  I searched for an App from the App store on my Mac and couldn't find one for Jira or Confluence.  

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

Hi Arthur,

Is there a Charlie icon up in your top menu bar to show that it's running? A physical window won't open so this would be your primary indicator. 

Additionally, what happens now when you try to edit a document in Confluence? Does it prompt you to download Companion App again?

Lastly, a few other users had issues, and were able to resolve it in this thread:

You can give those suggestions a try as well and see if you have any issues.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events