• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change font Size / Type Edited

I have spent more time than I wanted to to try and determine how to change the font Style and Size in Confluence. I see there are basic styling options including things like Normal Text, Heading 1 etc. BUT I cannot find anywhere where you can change the fnt size and type.

I have perused articles going back to 2013 that show images and options that NO LONGER EXIST, require purchase of third party software where the responder admits works maybe 80% of the time etc. The Atlassian documentation, for something that should be so simple, is confusing and pretty much useless.

We have made a decision to base all of our documentation in Confluence, but it you cannot even do simple things like change the Style and size of a font, this decision may require some revisiting. That's not a veiled threat, Atlassian don't give a toss about the meagre amount of funds we inject into their company, it's just a fact. If the product is not fit for purpose, we should look at another product.

So in 2020, using Confluence Cloud my question is:

HOW DO I CHANGE THE TYPE AND SIZE OF FONTS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sharon Helms Community Leader Feb 24, 2020

Hi Kevin, 

In the base product (Confluence Cloud) it's not possible to change the type and size of fonts. 

It might be possible to do this with a paid add-on, and perhaps someone else will chime in with some suggestions from the Marketplace.

I feel your frustration with the documentation-- it's become more confusing lately with the arrival of the new Confluence editor. There is quite a bit of older documentation that only refers to the old "legacy" editor. 

Best wishes, Sharon

The new look and feel that came with the new editor is frustrating. The font size is too big and all the former nice features with panels being able to create compact graphical designs are gone. Now there is just a lot of air in the pages and i cant do anything about it! And the huge font size is not optimized for high res screens where im able to present a lot of content on a single screen without the need to scroll. Really disappointing!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tetiana I'm New Here Oct 22, 2020

Is this still not resolved? Couldn't find any other info :( 

The font size adjuster would be very helpful for small prints or for tables .. Please, consider adding this option

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Share your Confluence Cloud experience for a chance to win $500!

Take our 5-minute survey to win a $500 Visa gift card! Are you currently using Confluence Cloud? We want to hear from you! Fill out this quick survey about your Confluence Cloud experience so we ...

661 views 7 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you