Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create pages with same name, but they are still shown in the database(in table view or data).

Wang Ting May 3, 2021

Hello Community,

I come here for some help. Now I am doing some website programming with confluence confiform. We want to create some pages for different projects and they should not be with the same names. I know that confluence does not allow to have the pages with the same name in one limited area. That works fine for us, but the problem is when every time I attempt to create a page with the name of some already existed other pages, it won't create a new page, but still, in the database or the table view, it seems to be created. This is something we don't want to see because we want to count the number of projects based on the database. So, if there is some method that we can also get rid of creating the records with the same name in the database? 

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi

ConfiForms rules which you configure are executed AFTER the form is submitted and the record is created/updated

And are not transactional. Which means, if any post functions (rules) fail, it does not affect the record's state

I suggest to implement another rule that you run onError event and which removes the created record

Alex

Wang Ting May 3, 2021

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for the answer and suggestion. This could be work, but which rule should I exactly use to only delete the record in the database? I think, 'delete page' should not be the one, since it will delete the other already created page. Thank you.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021
Wang Ting May 3, 2021

Hi Alex,

I have just tried it, it works pretty well! Thank you very much and have a nice day :)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Welcome to the community!

There is a simple answer to this - stop looking at the database.   You shouldn't be looking in it at all - it's not designed for reporting and it's clear from your question that you do not understand how it is structured.

Wang Ting May 3, 2021

Thank you very much for your quick reply. You are right, I am not so familiar with the structure of the whole database. I do know and think that the database is not designed for reporting, but in the table view, the data shown are all come from the database, how can I avoid then showing them in the table view. As I also mentioned, it will also be a problem for the counting. Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

What do you mean by "table view"?

Wang Ting May 3, 2021

I mean this:

TableView.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Ah, ok, then there's a bug in the app or a broken configuration for it.  You'll need to talk to the Confiforms people about how to get it fixed.

Wang Ting May 3, 2021

Alright, Nic, thank you very much anyway for the answers : )

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events