Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot create pages with same name, but they are still shown in the database(in table view or data).

Hello Community,

I come here for some help. Now I am doing some website programming with confluence confiform. We want to create some pages for different projects and they should not be with the same names. I know that confluence does not allow to have the pages with the same name in one limited area. That works fine for us, but the problem is when every time I attempt to create a page with the name of some already existed other pages, it won't create a new page, but still, in the database or the table view, it seems to be created. This is something we don't want to see because we want to count the number of projects based on the database. So, if there is some method that we can also get rid of creating the records with the same name in the database? 

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi

ConfiForms rules which you configure are executed AFTER the form is submitted and the record is created/updated

And are not transactional. Which means, if any post functions (rules) fail, it does not affect the record's state

I suggest to implement another rule that you run onError event and which removes the created record

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for the answer and suggestion. This could be work, but which rule should I exactly use to only delete the record in the database? I think, 'delete page' should not be the one, since it will delete the other already created page. Thank you.

Hi Alex,

I have just tried it, it works pretty well! Thank you very much and have a nice day :)

0 votes

Welcome to the community!

There is a simple answer to this - stop looking at the database.   You shouldn't be looking in it at all - it's not designed for reporting and it's clear from your question that you do not understand how it is structured.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. You are right, I am not so familiar with the structure of the whole database. I do know and think that the database is not designed for reporting, but in the table view, the data shown are all come from the database, how can I avoid then showing them in the table view. As I also mentioned, it will also be a problem for the counting. Thank you.

What do you mean by "table view"?

I mean this:

TableView.png

Ah, ok, then there's a bug in the app or a broken configuration for it.  You'll need to talk to the Confiforms people about how to get it fixed.

Alright, Nic, thank you very much anyway for the answers : )

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Confluence Bingo Round 3!

That’s right! Grandma’s back at it again, and this time she’s brought all her friends. In honor of Team '21, this Bingo round is dedicated to all things team-related, and the prizes are no exception....

2,259 views 30 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you