Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you move Confluence only on a Cloud site?

Allie Kelly April 17, 2023

Hello! 

I'm working with a company who are in the process of merging two entities, let's call them Entity A and Entity B. Entity A uses a Jira and Confluence cloud site, a.atlassian.net, and Entity B uses a Jira cloud site, b.atlassian.net. B does not currently use Confluence. Both sites are under different Atlassian organisations.

They wish to merge the sites such that all users use b.atlassian.net. I will be using the cloud-to-cloud migration tool to migrate the Jira data from site A to site B. For Confluence, I want to know if it is possible to lift and shift Entity A's existing site, a.atlassian.net/confluence to  b.atlassian.net/confluence? 

I know I can can bring site A under B's Atlassian organisation, but the URL would still be a.atlassian.net. 

Would I have to follow the steps to do a full Confluence cloud-to-cloud migration as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/migrating-from-confluence-cloud-to-confluence-cloud-691011969.html, or is there an easier way when the product doesn't yet exist on the target site?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Allie Kelly ,

Confluence Cloud does not currently support merging multiple sites. Btw there are some ways to do that. 

Please tale a look to the following article https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/merge-multiple-confluence-cloud-sites/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Allie Kelly May 2, 2023

Thanks @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_, I think that answers my question in that there isn't an easy way to do this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events