Can't work with or delete space created during onboarding flow

Jura Gorohovsky October 17, 2019

I've just signed up for a free Confluence Cloud plan using my existing Atlassian account.

During the initial setup and onboarding flow, I was suggested to create my first space, which I did.

However, it looks like I don't have permissions for this space. Symptoms are the following:

• When I go to the space's home page, it says the page isn't available:confluence_cloud_page_not_available.pngI can create new pages in this space, but as soon as I hit "Publish", I have the "page isn't available" notice again.
  • When I enter settings of this space, I can only see space details. It looks like I'm not an admin of this space although I've just created it during onboarding, and then there's the obscure "Former user" listed as an admin:confluence_cloud_space_settings.png

I have just created a new space outside the onboarding flow, and it works good so far. However, I would like to delete this initial space that is apparently broken and is of little use.

Any suggestions how to do this? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hi @Jura Gorohovsky ,

This is a verified bug in new Cloud Free instances. Our development team is looking into it and we'll let you know when the permissions for that space have been patched up. In the meantime, you should be able to create additional spaces (as you already have) in the Free plan.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello Jura,

Thanks for reporting this issue and providing detailed steps as to what you’ve done which resulted in the issue. The issue looks to be similar to a Cloud free bug which is preventing users (Admins) of a newly created space from being able to administer said space. Further information on this bug may be found at CONFCLOUD-68319. We ask you to please vote and watch this bug to receive updates on its status.

Thanks again for reporting this issue within Community!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Jura Gorohovsky November 4, 2019

@Daniel Eads @Stephen Sifers Thanks for acknowledging the problem, folks. Will be watching the issue to keep updated.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Hi Jura, 

I am afraid it is not possible to delete that space with your current plan, unless you move to the "Standard plan". 

Space and page permissions

Assign, revoke, and modify space or page permissions to individual users, groups, or anonymous users. The Free plan does not allow permission settings for spaces or pages.

See Plans and pricing

I hope this will help. 

Boris

Jura Gorohovsky October 20, 2019

Boris, thanks for your answer. However, I can perfectly delete the other space that I created. If I understand correctly, the free tier doesn't allow configuring permissions for spaces and pages but I'm yet to see any evidence of page deletion not being available.

What happened looks like a bug in the onboarding flow but I'm not sure how I can properly report it given that the free tier only provides community support.

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

Hi Jura, 

I apologize for this incomplete answer. In fact, there is not evidence in what is written that you are not able to delete this space. 

To clarify my answer, the fact that you do not see the "admin" section on your former space means that you do not have admin rights on that space. But, regarding the behaviour when you try to publish a content on that space, or when you access the home page, I do not see a direct way to report this to Atlassian. 

However, I will try to report this to the Atlassian team, hoping that it will help. 

Good luck ! 
Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events