Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Best way to import data from another source into a confluence table

We frequently have data collected from other systems (i.e. SQL queries, excel spreadsheets etc.) that we want to summarise in a table in a confluence page.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Until recently, we had been using the insert markup macro to create tables, by colating the data together and inserting in markup, similar to the below:

||Heading 1||Heading 2||

|cell 1|cell 2|

|cell 3|cell 4|

|cell n-1|cell n|

but with this having been removed in the new editor version, this is no longer possible.

Is this possible to achieve now without buying extra add-ons? If not, the manual method of copying one cell into a confluence table will render this exercise impractical.

1 answer

Seems I may have found my own answer? New editor mode now accepts raw copy/paste from excel and understand how to interpret new rows/columns!! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

What's New in Confluence Cloud – July 2020 Edition

Here’s another edition of “What’s New” this month in Confluence Cloud. Quickly (and more easily) adjust permission settings We know that sometimes the layers of space permissions and page restric...

18,600 views 22 80
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you