Best method to share or integrate space with customers but not public

Brent Chapman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 17, 2019

Hello,

I am building a space specific for sharing information, training and general documents with our external customers of a cloud based platform, however we are not wanting to share our docs with the general public. I have seen several posts, but nothing seems to be current with Confluence Cloud's current version.

Right now, I have been using the free confluence cloud trial, but expect to migrate to a paid service. We may also want to expand the capability to merge our service desk with confluence to share quick how to's or links to known issues or problem solving, but that is not a current focus.

I know we could make our site restricted or public, but curious about a more integrated feel for the customer.

I am wondering;

1. Is there a method to place code in our cloud based tools that links the client to our confluence page and allow for searching?
  2. Or can we use an iframe type view with some level of access grants passed from our application pages to confluence?

I appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

2 answers

0 votes
Fanny Tastet December 20, 2022

Hi Brent, 

I am having almost the same issue :) 

Your question was almost 3 years ago: I would be delighted to know if you managed to solve this issue ! 

Have you linked your tool to Confluence ? How does it wok with the accounts ? Does every of your customers have accounts to connect to COnfluence via your tool ? 

Thank you and have a beautiful day !

0 votes
Brent Chapman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 17, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events