Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically rolling up to Quarterly count from a list of items and corresponding dates

Subrata Mukherjee October 31, 2020

I have a Jira filter created table of two columns (Feature name, GoLive date)

That table generates the right data, satisfied. Now i want a Quarterly roll up, and then once that works a similar monthly roll up. My boss wants to see how many features we launched each quarter and then if possible each month.

Pleeeeassse help!

What i have done so far, so many times with no success

Now i am select that auto-generated table and then Add a "Pivot Table" macro. I go to options, show table to verify it got my table all right. Update the page and verify it.

Then i come back to the pivot table - Options - Date Format - yy Q1 and then Quarter in the Date period aggregation.. 

Then i go to the Data Source tab and enter Golive in Row label, Calculated column has Golive and Operation type Count

My hope was to get a Table with Each quarter and no of Golives in each quarter. Did not... just ot a list of all dates and only counted the number of exact dates it found, not the month

3 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2020

Hi @Subrata Mukherjee

I've tried to recreate your use case and aggregate the number of created issues by month and quarter.

Here is the Jira Issues macro wrapped in the Pivot Table macro:

Mon 1-1.png

Here are the settings of the Pivot Table macro:

Mon 1-2.png

Mon 1-3.png

Mon 1-4.png

As you can see, I didn't change the default Date format that was picked automatically by the Pivot Table macro.

If you still have any problems, please raise a support request here (add your screenshots of the Jira Issues macro output and the Pivot Table macro settings).

0 votes
Subrata Mukherjee November 2, 2020

Sadly facing same issue as before... i did exactly what you said... i raised a tech support ticket with screen shots TFCS-127

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

I see the ticket, thanks, our support will look into it.

As for now, try to set the Date format manually as M dd, yy - it will correspond your Due date format of Apr 10, 2020.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2020

Hi @Subrata Mukherjee ,

I've tried to complete the similar task - aggregate the number of created issues by month and by quarter. Here are my settings:

Jira Issues&Pivot Table macros

Mon 1-1.png

Count issue keys by the date of creation

Mon 1-2.png

Aggregation by month

Mon 1-3.png

Aggregation by quarter

Mon 1-4.png

As you can see, I didn't change the automatically picked date format for both options. So, try to leave it by default as well.

If you still have any problems, please raise a support ticket here and attach your screenshots (output of the Jira Issues macro and settings of the Pivot Table macro), we'll help you with the case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events