Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As administrator I cannot delete a space that I created.

decimovic October 24, 2019

I just started using Confluence Cloud, and it is only 2 person team at the moment using the product, so only 2 accounts are active. I created the organization, as well as spaces. I want to delete one of the spaces, but I have no options to do so. 

When I go to Space Settings, I only have Space Details tab available. The details state that I created the space, but in Administrators, I have following:

1. Confluence Analytics (System)
  2. Former user (this is strange as I did not register other users nor did I remove any)
  3. Chat Notifications

When I go to Administration > Users I see 2 users, me being one and stated in a label next to my name that I am Org & Site Admin. In details view, it states that I am Organization administrator and Site administrator and it cannot be modified. Only thing I did is add myself to various groups, in attempt to get the rights to remove the space.

In Space Settings, I see the spaces that I created, currently only 3. 2 spaces have Manage Permissions link available in Operations column, but this space has none, it is just empty.

Uploading images of User Details and Space Permissions and Space Settings.

UserDetails.pngSpaceSettings.pngSpacePermissions.png

Is there anyone who can help me with this issue?

I appreciate it in advance!

2 answers

2 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello!

Thanks for reporting this issue and providing detailed steps as to what you’ve done which resulted in the issue. The issue looks to be similar to a Cloud free bug which is preventing users (Admins) of a newly created space from being able to administer said space. Further information on this bug may be found at CONFCLOUD-68319. We ask you to please vote and watch this bug to receive updates on its status.

Thanks again for reporting this issue within Community!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Nathan Harding December 18, 2019

Hello,

I was wondering if this issue had a resolution as I am experience an identical issue.  It was also the first space created and I wish to delete. 

My permissions “restrictions” on the space mirror those in this issue.  I am also the “Org & Site Admin”.

Thank you.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Hi @Nathan Harding ,

This is still an open issue with the Free version of Confluence Cloud. As @Stephen Sifers mentioned above, you can "vote" for this issue and track it by selecting the link in his response above. This will show Atlassian that there is additional interest in getting this fixed, and will add you to status notifications for the issue.

Darryl

Nathan Harding December 18, 2019

Thank you @Darryl St_ Pierre

I've done as you've suggested and hoping for a resolution soon.

Cheers!

Nathan

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Are you using the Free version of Confluence? While I'm not familiar with the functionality of the Free version, I've seen several posts in the last day or two that all state this issue. It may be some limitation, intended or unintended.

I am using the Free version, as we are still kind of evaluating and learning about the tool.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2019

From what I can tell, you are unable to do much (anything?) with permissions and other space maintenance items in the Free version. Hopefully someone from Atlassian will comment here as I know their paid support staff are not available to you.

My suggestion is to try out as much functionality as you can under the free version, then convert to the 7-day trial of the full version to experience the rest of the features. Hopefully that will enable you to make an informed decision.

I can confirm that I can manage and or remove the other 2 spaces I created. 

Like Jamstation likes this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2019

Ah yes, I believe that is the same experience others are having. Do you know if this was the first space you created? If that is the case, I'm wondering if there is something special flagged or tied to that first space.

YES! It was the first space created! But that is all I can say...I went through all the menus and options (or so I think)

Like Jamstation likes this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2019

Since you're not the only one asking about this behavior, I have submitted an issue to bring the problem to Atlassian's attention. If/when I receive any feedback, I'll update this question. In the meantime, hope everything else goes well with your evaluation.

Like decimovic likes this

Thank you for your help. Other then this issue, everything else is more then fine. Have to say, the experience is very positiv. 

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2019

@decimovic ,

I received a response similar to that of @Stephen Sifers (below). It appears to be a limitation specific to Confluence Free. The System account is actually creating the first/initial space, and it cannot be administered by any other account. If/when you convert to a paid account, you will have the ability to delete the space.

Darryl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events