Allow users to feed back on problems with documentation

Neven Reynolds August 11, 2022

Hi,

We currently have a very large amount of public facing documentation on our confluence instance. Keeping it up to date is quite a challenge.

I want to know if there is any kind of macro that I could insert on a confluence page (or all pages in a space) that a user could click to give feedback on documentation that was not clear or out of date.

If this could result in a jira ticket with the specific page and a user's comment listed, it would be ideal, but Id be open to other options.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

Hi @Neven Reynolds

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The simplest way I know is the comment section - however, depending on your specific configuration I am not sure if you expose it to the users you are expecting feedback from.

Other than that there seem to be Apps out there: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214048/content-rating-feedback-for-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=server

Maybe it could be worth having a look at them. As your tag says "server" but the deployment "cloud" it is not sure it is usable on your instance - but you could check.

Regards,
Daniel

Matt McGuinness September 1, 2022

This is a really helpful response @Daniel Ebers  Thank you!   We're in process of migrating from Server instance to cloud and will be bringing this up in our next meeting.

best, 

Matt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events