Allow Anonymous Access to Local Network Only

Brian Rardin December 19, 2019

Hello,

My company is currently running Jira Service Desk Server and Confluence Server for internal use only. I have decided to move all of this to the cloud and have already started building out our IT, Company, and Application Knowledge base. Our Application KB is public and that is perfectly fine as there is no company specific information out there and our IT KB is restricted to private.

What I would like to be able to accomplish is to have our Company KB allow anonymous access to our local network only. The reason for this is because we would like to be able to put company private/specific information out there for our staff to have a single system for all updates, changes, and information regarding the company but we do not want the outside world having access to this information. I was curious if there was a way to do this without having to purchase licenses and getting accounts setup. If this cannot be done, it is what it is, I will pursue getting licenses at that point.

Any help is appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2019

Hello there, @Brian Rardin !

Let me get straight to the point. There is currently no feature that allows us to selectively enable anonymous access to a specific network or IP list.

The closest to that that we can get is enabling anonymous access and then giving the permission only to one specific space. Keep in mind that this will allow anyone from anywhere to access that space’s content.

If you want to take a better look at anonymous access for Confluence Cloud, here is our documentation about it:

One last thing! I was able to find a report that tackles a similar situation to yours. This report aims at implementing IP Whitelisting to our Cloud platform. If this seems relevant to your environment, we could go ahead and vote and watch that request. Voting for it helps to increase the visibility and watching it will keep you up to date. Here it is:

Here is an excerpt from the report mentioned above:

Hi everyone,

My name is Rak Garg, and I am a product manager at Atlassian. My team is directly responsible for features such as IP whitelisting, and we would love to learn more about your specific needs and requirements as we begin to investigate this feature. If you would be willing to have a 30 minute chat with a few members of my team and I, please email me at rgarg@atlassian.com

Thank you for continuing to interact with this ticket and providing your feedback. It’s hugely impactful to helping us understand how best to deliver features like IP whitelisting to you. In the future, I will continue to provide updates to this ticket.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email me at rgarg@atlassian.com

Best,

Rak Garg

Atlassian Product Management

I hope this aids you, Brian. Looking forward to your reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events