cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After publishing the page, the confluence page is loading wrong images

Priscilla October 8, 2021

Hello all, 

Please help!

I am working on a user manual wherein after adding the correct image and clicking on Publish.

Post publishing, the page is loading the wrong images despite correcting it with the right image.

Everytime i correct the image and it is after publishing, it is loading the wrong image.

Anyone out there, please help me urgently.

I am stucked:(

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Menconi October 8, 2021

When things happen in a browser that defy the normal rules it usually means that you have a caching error. To get past this you should clear your cache.

My favorite way to do this is by viewing the page in a incognito or private page. Pull down the menu in the upper right corner and select "New private window" or "new incognito window" or whatever your browser calls this. Go back to that page (you'll need to re-login) and see if that fixed it. 

There are other ways to clear the cache and you can try a different browser or reboot your computer. 

If that doesn't work then the next most likely problem is that it wasn't saved for some reason. Reopen it, recheck it and resave it. 

There are other possibilities but they are all absurdly unlikely. 

Priscilla December 14, 2021

Hi Dave, 

thanks for the revert. 

I tried clearing cache and launched the page in incognito. 

Then, uploaded images to the content and Published the confluence page. 

Still the issue persist. i.e., the images are wrongly placed despite attaching the correct image. 

If there exists some alternatives, kindly let me know. 

Dave Menconi December 14, 2021

Well, we HAD to start with clearing the cache; I'm sorry that didn't help. So let me try again with the new information.

"When things happen in a browser that defy the normal rules" and you have cleared the cache and are sure that the problem doesn't exist at your end, then the remaining possibilities all involve problems with the application, that is, Confluence. 

You uploaded an image and it doesn't correctly appear on the page: that sounds like a bug. 

I really hate to say this (cuz the whole point of the community is solve the problem ourselves) but maybe it's time to open a ticket with Atlassian. 

Dave

Priscilla December 15, 2021

Okay.

May I know how to open a ticket with Atlassian. 

Thanks.

Dave Menconi December 16, 2021

https://support.atlassian.com/

You have to log in and then fill out the forms. 

I am assuming your are the admin of your instance; if not you probably need the assistance of one of the admns. 

0 votes
Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2021

Hello @Priscilla ,

Could you please clarify if you first attach the image to page or you copy/paste it from an external Web resource?

THank you

Priscilla December 14, 2021

Hi @Andrii Maliuta

I have uploaded the image to the confluence page using the below highlighted option: 

check.PNG

Kindly suggest some solution to fix this issue

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events