Additional options for displaying Jira data in Confluence Cloud

Kip Woods January 19, 2022

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can direct me to a plugin or feature for enhanced control over displaying Jira data in Confluence pages. I would like to display raw field values (no table headers) for single Jira issues within a page properties macro. The use case is a collection of child pages with both Jira and non-Jira content structured in a table within a page properties macro, and a parent page that summaries the page properties data from its child pages.

The built-in Jira macro displays multiple fields when set as a single issue, which cannot be controlled and do not format well within the page properties macro. Using the display options within the Jira macro allow for more control over what fields are displayed, but does not allow for the removal of the table header.

I've tried researching options and it seems my Googling skills are insufficient in finding a viable solution for my needs. I've read there are ways of achieving my use case with user macros or a custom macro in Scriptrunner, but I'm ill equipped to take on that challenge (scripting/development is not in my repertoire).

I do see these requests in the Confluence Cloud and Confluence portals, but they have yet to be accepted by Atlassian. Throwing this question out to the community to see if anyone has an alternative.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

@Kip Woods Welcome to the Atlassian community

The only app I can think of is smart view.  I believe that their free app might do what you are looking for. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225441/smart-jira-issue-for-confluence-lite?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Kip Woods January 19, 2022

Thanks for the suggestion @Brant Schroeder. That option looks promising; I'll give it a try.

Kip Woods February 3, 2022

As a follow up, we installed your suggested plugin and it appears to provide sufficient utility for our needs. Thanks @Brant Schroeder.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events