A space deletion hung and I cannot clear up space

Bob Solimine March 2, 2022

I downgraded our Confluence from paid to free a while back. After reverting to the free account, I was over the size limit. After careful backup, I started deleting older spaces. I initiated a delete for one space at about 3.1 GB and waited almost an hour, but the progress stalled. Ever since, I am still over my space quota and can't figure out a way to clear it up. I tried a manual delete via URL (/spaces/removespace.action?key=myspacekey) but the page was not found. Without access to Atlassian support, is there anything I can do?

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Gottesman March 2, 2022

I have posted a ticket on a similar issue, where deleting large spaces either stalls or takes a very long time.  CONFCLOUD-72589

My only work-around, is to contact Atlassian support and have them delete and clean up on their end.

Bob Solimine March 2, 2022

I would love to open a ticket for this, but apparently if you're a free account you don't qualify for any support. So, I guess my option is to just wait until Atlassian threatens to bill me for being over my quota. Maybe then I will be able to contact them. And yes, I'm a little miffed with Atlassian's choice in this situation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events